Back to School Guide
Going back to school is stressful and daunting time. Here is a little help from Redwood School with all the information you may need all in one place
The School Day
8:45 - 9:10 Tutor Time
9:10 - 10:00 Period 1
10:00 - 10:50 Period 2
10:50 - 11:10 Break
11:10 - 12:00 Period 3
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch Time
13:00 - 13:10 Tutor Time
13:10 - 14:00 Period 4
14:00 - 14:50 Period 5
14:50 - 3.10 PSD
How to Contact?
Redwood Secondary School
Telephone: 01706 750815 (Main Reception)
Autumn Term Dates
School Opens: 6th September 2017
School Closes for Half Term:19th October 2017
October Half Term: 20th - 27th October 2017
School Opens: 30th October 2017
School Closes for Christmas Holidays: 20th December 2017
Christmas Holidays: 21st December 2017 - 3rd January 2018
School Opens: 4th January 2018
Redwood's uniform consists of:
Black trousers or skirt
White shirt/ blouse or polo shirt
Redwood's PE kit consists of black shorts/ black jogging bottoms, black pumps/ trainers and a red polo shirt/ red t-shirt.
We also recommend that you purchase a Redwood branded sweatshirt. These are available from Monkhouse School Wear.
Homework can be a whole range of things and may appear very different from what is set in mainstream schools but is equally valid for your child. It will vary for each young person and is likely to change as a student gets older, develops or if their needs and priorities change.
It may, for example, include one of the following:
· Home and school working on consistent strategies for behavior following an agreed behavior support plan.
· Using particular symbols, signs or objects or words to support your child's understanding and communication.
· Using a particular communication aid or system at home that has been advised by therapists.
· Family and school using consistent strategies to support a child needing sensory support.
· Having a regular reading book or a piece of work to complete at home.
· Working on a toileting, dressing or eating/drinking programme.
Our policy is underpinned by the belief that we want to support and work with you to help your child achieve the very best they can.
Please contact your child's teacher if you want more support or guidance in this area and also use the opportunities at the annual review / ‘my plan’ meeting to discuss this further.